Sunday, April 1, 2007

Gathering Continuum- Yihan's Birthday Celebrations

Things aren't over after the night of turmoil...finished tutorial classes, went home with the deadly intent to have a 2 hours nap. Only to be woken up by Zp. I had barely napped for 1 hour!! For a long time after that I was paranoid of my hp's ringtone man...this I swear! I though the details for the celebration were already ironed out, only to be awoke to be greeted with 5 unread messages and 3 missed calls. Changes in plan, in location, in people available. In a semi-conscious state I was like "what the hell???". Of all things, ask me to settle this sort of mess...I can easily cancel a run in my camp last time but things in a civilian world, don't always ask me to be the bad guy man. Decision making is an issue for headache, there seldom is a solution where everyone's happy. Anyway, got everyone except Hj, settled the location, the tasks of individuals and off we go.

Location: Sakae Wheelock Branch
Time: 7pm

As expected of everyone again, only me and Zp arrived by 7pm. Miss Lazy's confidence in punctuality was shattered when she was still at Toa Payoh at 7pm. But she's forgiven since she had to get the cake. I almost had an heart attack though...at 7.15pm, Xw and Yh were are vivocity!!! How exciting eh? Well, he's the birthday boy, it's his privilege just for the day. Me and Zp were so hungry we gulped down this Chawamushi first.

This chawamushi sucks real big time ok. It's called Sakae's Chawamushi?? Can't really be bothered with it...waste of money even if it's meant to fill my hunger temporarily. Kuishin-Bo's was the loveliest I ever ate until now.

This is from Kuishin-Bo...isn't the difference simply obvious??

The couple 1: Xiuwen and Yihan...

The couple 2: Yihan and Ziping

The triples...



Why you staring at me??


Nothing much about food this time round. Sakae sushi, nothing special to mention about since most frequent this place excessively. Anyway, this is my ramen...someone please remind me not to eat Sakae's Ramen again. It can never fit into the description of nice.

Yihan's birthday bento treat. The fish looks delicious though...yummy...



This is something worth mentioning...fried salmon's head. I'm not sure of the Japanese name for this though. But no doubt it's nice...I like salmon...especially pan fried ones where the salmon's frying in its own oil.... Slurps...

The cake...we learnt a lesson. If there's going to be dinner preceding cake-cutting, get a small one. Finally for once, we finished the cake. Nice peach cream and choc combination.

Need to say more?? The birthday boy...

Cake cutting ceremony...the distribution

The clique since J1...Xw, Yh, Zp, Me, Jt and Belle...we're missing out Hj though...I was so sleepy I swear I can just doze off there



After which, we chatted and joked and headed to DFS...for the loo. First time i've been inside though. Sounds like someone who just came out of a cave right? But the inside has some classy decor, like a posh hotel sorta thing. Anyway, some shots:

This setting in the middle of the hall gives a soothing ambience. All the roses are real too...what extravagance!!


Yihan the pianist...not! Haha...By the way, there's a restaurant behind him. On checking out, it's opened 24 hours daily. From 11pm-4am, there's buffet supper provided at S$19.80!! Looks like a good deal...shall try it someday.

Roses on the table...


So that concludes the fun and exhilaration for this week. The next food conquest same be high tea at Goodwood Park Hotel! The trip's yours to plan zp!!

Till then...

No comments: